At this day and age, there is only a small percentage of people that are not familiar with the tech giant known as Apple and their premiere smartphones, iPhones. These iPhones often come with an instant messaging app that is exclusive to Apple products, and that app is commonly referred to as iMessage. The iMessage instant messaging app is not just found on iPhones but also on other Apple products, including Apple Watch, Mac PC, and iPad.
Along with Facebook and WhatsApp Messenger, iMessage has become one of the most popular and widely used instant messaging apps around right now. However, there is one problem when it comes to using the iMessage app on Windows PC, and this is the fact that iMessage is originally developed for Apple devices and not for other devices, including Windows. However, this does not mean a lot of Windows PC users are not very interested in using this amazing instant messaging app on their PC.
There are a lot of reasons why Windows users will be interested in getting their hands on an iMessage app for their PC, and one of them might be because they intend to link the iMessage on their iPhone and iPad to their PC. So that they can chat with their friends on their PC while working and prevent distractions in the workflow. Another reason might just be because you want to chat with your friends on iMessage since they are all using Apple devices, and you do not want to buy an Apple device.
Although the iMessage instant messaging app was not developed for any other PC apart from Mac, there are some methods that can be used to operate an iMessage app on a Windows PC.
Using iMessage on Mac OS PC
As we have mentioned earlier, using iMessage on a Mac OS PC is not exactly hard because the app was designed for Apple devices, but we are still going to explain how to use it on Mac PC. Setting up your iMessage platform on your Mac PC is not that hard; all you have to do is follow a few procedures. These procedures are as follows;
- Unlock your Mac PC then launch the Messages app via the dock or app folder. You can also decide to use the search command to look for it if you do not know where it is.
- Use your Apple ID to log in if you already have an account, or you can use the Create new Apple ID function to register for a new Apple ID.
- Once you are logged in, choose “Messages” in the options and select “Preferences,” and you will see the iMessage icon.
- Input your email address and mobile number that you want to use for registration of iMessage.
And once you are done with these procedures, you are now done with the setup of your iMessage instant messaging app on your Mac PC.
Using Chrome Remote Desktop
Now in order to start chatting with the iMessage app on your Mac PC, you will have to use Chrome Remote Desktop. Google Chrome Remote Desktop can also be used to set up an iMessage app on your PC, but it will require you to have access to Windows and Mac OS devices simultaneously. With this, you will be able to remotely access your Mac PC from your Windows device. So it will be no issue when you use your iMessage from any of your devices. Follow these steps to use this method for your iMessage instant messaging setup;
- Prepare both the Mac and Windows OS devices and make sure the Mac device has an iMessage.
- Go online and look for a reliable source to download Chrome if you do not have it already, then download Chrome Remote Desktop too. Do this for both of your PCs. You will now install both the Chrome and the Chrome Remote Desktop to the Windows and Mac PCs.
- After the installation is done, you will proceed to launch the app in Chrome Remote Desktop on both of the devices.
- Now, you will proceed to download Chrome Remote Desktop Host Installer on your Mac PC.
- After the download, you will install the file on your Mac PC.
- A security code will be used to connect the Windows and Mac Devices securely through the Chrome Remote Desktop. And with this, you will be able to use your iMessage app on your Windows PC.
Using a Free Emulator like iPadian
If by chance, you do not have a Mac PC, but you are still interested in using the iMessage app on your Windows PC, you can look for a reliable Free emulator like iPadian. iPadian is similar to the Android Emulators that are used to run Android programs on Windows PC. However, this particular emulator is only used to run iOS programs on Windows PC. iPadian will help you develop a virtual environment on your PC that will let you run iOS programs. And how exactly do you use the iPadian iOS emulator to run your iMessage app on your Windows PC? Follow these steps to find out;
- Find a way to download the iPadian iOS emulator from a reliable source.
- Now, you will install the iPadian application on your Windows PC.
- Launch the iOS emulator.
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions of the service of iPadian.
- After the installation is done, you will run the iPadian emulator on your Windows PC.
- Once it opens fully, it finds the iMessage app in the search bar.
- Now, you will download the Messages app on your PC.
- And lastly, you will open the downloaded Messages app and start chatting with your friends on iMessage with your WIndows PC.
Jailbreaking your iOS device is another method that can be used to open an iMessage app on your PC. By Jailbreaking your device, you will be getting rid of all the administrator restrictions set by the Apple corporation, and you will be able to fully use your iOS device. However, it is important to back up your iOS device on iCloud or iTunes before you try to jailbreak the device. Steps Involved include;
- Search for an app known as Cydia, then you will download and install it once you find it. This is one of the applications that are only usable for jailbroken iOS devices.
- On the Cydia app, you will be able to get a remote Messages app for about $4. And then you will use it to set up a web-based interface that will let you access a wide range of extensions and apps.
- And now, you will use your iPhone’s IP address on the browser to connect to the web-based interface.
- When this is done, you will be able to sign in and download the iMessage app on your Windows PC.
Bottom Line – iMessage on PC
You can use the iMessage App on Mac PC easily because it is developed specifically for Apple devices like iPhone, iPad, and Mac PCs. However, you can still use the iMessage App on your Windows PC using the above methods like jailbreaking or using an Emulator or Chrome Extension.